Friday, December 19, 2014

Iggy Azalea & Azealia Banks Kick Their Feud Up a Notch

Everyone loves a good celebrity feud, and the tension between Iggy Azalea and Azealia Banks just got even more intense.

While chatting on Hot 97 FM, Ms. Banks decided to throw out a ton of insults about the “Fancy” rapper while accusing her of getting preferential treatment because she’s white.

Azealia explained, “That Iggy Azalea sh*t isn’t better than any f*cking black girl that’s rapping today. The Grammys are supposed to be accolades of artistic excellence. Iggy Azalea is not excellent.”

“When they give these Grammys out, all it says to white kids is, ‘Oh yeah, you’re great, you’re amazing, you can do whatever you put your mind to.’ And it says to black kids, ‘You don’t have sh*t. You don’t own sh*t, not even the sh*t you created for yourself.’ And it makes me upset.”

Later on, Iggy tweeted, “The fact is I’m very influenced by hiphop, I grew up admiring it and now I make cross over music thats both hiphop AND pop. I love living somewhere in between both styles and I love being a voice people enjoy hearing. I’ve never worried about who else people also enjoy because I grew up loving so many artists! I can’t understand people who try to dictate what others should enjoy liking oranges doesn’t mean you can’t also eat apples. Someone else’s success cannot hinder your own, I don’t get that mentality.”

Azalea addd, “Special msg for banks: There are many black artists succeeding in all genres. The reason you haven’t is because of your piss poor attitude. Your inability to be responsible for your own mistakes, bullying others, the inability to be humble or have self control. It’s YOU! you created your own unfortunate situation by being a bigot and don’t have the mental capacity to realize yet. Probably never will. Now! rant, Make it racial! make it political! Make it whatever but I guarantee it won’t make you likable & THATS why ur crying on the radio. Enjoy continuing to bang your head against that metaphoric brick wall & Savor this attention. I’m the only way you get ANY. You’re poisonous and I feel genuinely sorry for you because it’s obvious at this point you are a MISERABLE, angry human being. Regards!”

As it turns out, Miss Banks didn’t appreciate the remarks. She responded, “Dear Lord, I Pray for this Clueless White Girl. None of this will make sense to her until she herself has children with a black man and has to deal with having black children in America. The interview was about things way beyond your mental capacity… Itchy Areola, you are so stupid and selfish to make any of this about yourself in particular. My tears had absolutely nothing to with you and everything to do with society and the media in general. You have absolutely no place to comment… do you know what a minstrel is? Because that’s what you are….. But, iffy azuzu will not play victim and make this about her, I made some very valid points about things that are important to me. Things in society and culture. Things that really resonated with a lot of people.”

Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/iggy-azalea/iggy-1635089

Gina Gershon Gina Philips

No comments:

Post a Comment