Monday, April 20, 2015

Jon Stewart’s Daily Show Departure: “I’m Not Getting The Same Satisfaction”

For the past 16 years he’s manned the helm at “The Daily Show” and Jon Stewart has opened up about his reason for handing off the baton at this point in the game.

The “Big Daddy” stud told The Guardian, “It’s not like I thought the show wasn’t working any more, or that I didn’t know how to do it. It was more, ‘Yup, it’s working. But I’m not getting the same satisfaction.’ These things are cyclical. You have moments of dissatisfaction, and then you come out of it and it’s OK. But the cycles become longer and maybe more entrenched, and that’s when you realize, ‘OK, I’m on the back side of it now.’”

Citing his desire to spend more time his family and a growing disdain for taking aim at politicians, Jon continued, “Honestly, it was a combination of the limitations of my brain and a format that is geared towards following an increasingly redundant process, which is our political process. I was just thinking, ‘Are there other ways to skin this cat?’ And, beyond that, it would be nice to be home when my little elves get home from school, occasionally.”

Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/jon-stewart/jon-stewart%E2%80%99s-daily-show-departure-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99m-not-getting-same-satisfaction%E2%80%9D-1651334

Eva Longoria Eva Mendes

No comments:

Post a Comment